Rootsweb has a good Genealogy Site for Daniel Hamblen. Hamblin Family Tree
Daniel Hamblen (son of Daniel Sr.) was most likely born in Amelia County, part of which later became Prince Edward Co., 1753-54. Daniel Hamblen migrated to Southwestern Virginia, then Fincastle County, where he obtained 400 acres of land by grant, lying on both sides of Clinch River, surveyed August 23, 1781, proving actual settlement, 1773. When Washington County was formed, 1776-7, from Fincastle and Montgomery counties, Daniel's land fell within the boundary of the new county. Daniel Hamblen settled in Sullivan County, the part that became Hawkins County, 1786
A brother to Daniel Hamblin was Henry Hamblin:
Henry Hamblen was given two land grants, 400 acres by survey, Aug 23, 1781, at Castle's Wood, and 325 acres, lying on the south side of Clinch river, Nov 12, 1782, then in Washington County. He acquired additional land in Russell and Lee Counties, all of record. He was living in the Rye Cove settlement, then Russell County, May 15, 1788.
STATE PAPERS, Vol. IV, Page 442
"On the twentieth of April a band of Indians came into the Rye Cove settlement and carried of three boys, two by the name of Carter, and a negro belonging to those of the same name, but did not kill any one in the settlement. Immediately upon hearing of this he ordered out men from three companies, under the command of Ensign Blackamore. A man named Henry Hamblin, living in the Cove, and much attached to the Crown of Brittain, during the contest, induced the Rangers to go back, telling them the people wanted men to be stationed instead of them..He thinks that three small stations, of ten men each-one near Rye Cove, and two in Powell's valley-if not too expensive, will suffice at present, Tho' he is still of opinion that the Indians will not again attack that country, as they do not make two attmepts at one place the same year. One of the boys captured is a son of Mr. Carter, a representative that county."
Henry Hamblin married Molly Blakemore as his second wife, daughter of Joseph Blakemore, "Blakemore's Fort".